Before a 2nd confinement was announced in France, heavy traffic was reported as Île-de-France homeowners looked for to leave in anticipation of travel constraints throughout the nation. We explain the new rules.President Emmanuel Macron confirmed that France will head into a second national lockdown from midnight tonight (Thursday October 29), in order to stop the spread of Covid-19. In anticipation, more than 335 kilometres of traffic congestion were reported before 17:00, double the normal level, according to the Agence France-Presse. This increased to 391 kilometres by 17:30. What travel is permitted throughout France and Europe
? Regional: Not enabled. You need to remain within your region of
- residence and can not move from one region to another, other than if necessary for work/ other unavoidable exceptions. Toussaint holidays: People who are currently on holiday in other areas of France for
- Toussaint will be enabled to return house by the end of this weekend as an exception. Travel throughout Europe: Permitted under some conditions. Borders stay open across Europe.
- External borders to the EU are closed. Depending upon the different nations’conditions, you ought to be able to travel back into France from somewhere else in Europe. This may undergo a negative Covid test or other tests such as temperature checks. Travel outside of Europe: Not allowed. External EU borders are closed and obligatory Covid tests are required for all arrivals.
- Individuals with French residency or citizenship are permitted to cross worldwide borders in order to return home. What local journeys are enabled? To and from work: Allowed. You are permitted to take a trip to and from work if you are unable to work from house
But, you will need a waiver form(
- attestation )from your company to do so. To and from school/cr èche/ collège/ lycées: Enabled. However you will require an attestation form to go to and from and also to pick up your children. Kids aged six and over will need to use masks. To and from university: Not allowed. Universities will need to provide services online. Sees to elderly care houses: Enabled. You will require a form, and to take all health precautions possible. To and from bars/restaurants: Not permitted. These will close throughout confinement. Medical professional’s appointments: Enabled. You will need an attestation type to do this. Cemeteries/ burials/ funeral services: Enabled
- . These will stay open. You will need an attestation.
- Parks/ gardens/ beaches: Uncertain. This has actually not been defined yet. What else will lockdown look like
- overall?Some stores and necessary services will remain open.Read more: How will France’s brand-new lockdown be different from spring?Read more: France reconfinement: Your questions addressedJust as in the previous lockdown, there are restrictions on
exercise-you should stay within one kilometre of your house- and you will need to
fill in an attestation type whenever you leave your home, even to get kids from school or to walk your dog.These types are not yet readily available however will be quickly in paper copy, and digitally, as before.Related stories France to return to lockdown from Friday